Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

Need I say more? :)  This recipe is our favorite, it makes soft, chewy, chocolaty cookies that stay soft even after they have set.  The recipe comes from Crisco…I use it so much I keep it taped to the inside of my spice cabinet.

100_9135

 

I actually did adapt the recipe ever so slightly…I am going to post my version.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies  (adapted from a Crisco recipe)

3/4 cups butter flavored Crisco shortening
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tbs milk
1 tbs vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups milk chocolate chips (we prefer Hershey brand)

Cream shortening and sugar.  Beat in milk, vanilla and egg.  Stir in flour, salt and baking soda until combined.  Stir in chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or just until set.  Don’t let these brown much…gooey is good lol.  But believe me, even a day later, these babies are still good and soft.

Now I know there are tons of chocolate chip cookie recipes but these are our faves for a good old cc cookie…I am not against adding nuts or other types of chips. :)

100_9173 Delish!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz